Aside from diamonds, EVERY woman should invest in at least one pair of chic yet comfortable sneakers. They can easily help transition a couture outfit into an effortlessly casual, everyday piece- it’s all in the details. (This is the epitome of street style!) And with the gloomy, icy aftermath of snow, we all need to slip our toes into something more seasonally appropriate before we whip out our favorite flip flops or pumps. You don’t have to limit yourself to the overplayed winter boots. Give your Uggs, Hunter, and/or Steve Madden’s a little time to rest. Sneakers aren’t only for the gym, ladies!
I hate to admit it, but I used to be a proud sneakerhead. Wikipedia defines a sneakerhead as “a person who collects, trades or admires sneakers as a hobby.” I was exclusive to retro Air Jordan’s but I realized I had a problem when I would buy shoes simply to own them. I am a recovering hoarder but 100% an advocate of females purchasing Jordan’s because:
- The price of these sneakers will never go down. They never go on sale. In fact, many people will pay double or triple retail price to get their hands on specific pairs.
- You have a piece of art history on your feet.
- They make you look like a badass rapper. (Yet still feminine and cute.)
- If you are anything like me, your wardrobe is 99% black. Jordan’s add a pop of color, making your daily look 1% more fun.
All financially brutal acknowledgments aside, I simply appreciate the glory of a sneaker. They are comfortable, durable, and depending on the silhouette or brand, your choice of shoes can be the ultimate statement piece. Here are some of my favorites, enjoy!
- Black/Gold “OG” 1’s
- Toro 4’s
- Floridian 5’s
- Aqua 8’s
- Oreo 4’s
- Bred 1’s on 6 different models
- Fire Red 4’s
- Baron 1’s
- Bred 4’s
- Infrared 23 3’s
I have at least 30 more pairs that have not been worn yet. I plan on selling the majority because I was young and senseless when I purchased them. But I really do urge you all to switch up your winter shoe rotation once in a while! Add in a cute pair of sneakers and you will never have to worry about your shoe game (for now)! 😉